Troy Hayden Bids Farewell to Fox 10: 'Feels Like Attending My Own Funeral'

 Troy Hayden Bids Farewell to Fox 10: 'Feels Like Attending My Own Funeral'


Troy Hayden expressed his gratitude to viewers on Friday as he bid farewell to "Fox 10 AZAM" for the final time.


"I owe all of this to you," Hayden said to the audience.


"You will be missed, my friend," co-host Syleste Rodriguez said, holding Hayden's hand.


Reflecting on his career, Hayden shared, "I walked through these doors in my mid-20s as a kid. I've been here for 30 years. I've grown up here and have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of positivity."

Hayden mentioned receiving thousands of supportive messages on social media. "It felt like attending my own funeral, which was weird," he said, "because people were saying such nice things."


On June 26, Hayden announced he was leaving the station after three decades. He reiterated on Friday that he would be joining another station in metro Phoenix but didn't specify which one. He will start his new role on August 1.


Several people stopped by to bid Hayden farewell. Actor Jerry O'Connell, in town for his daughters' volleyball tournament, used the opportunity to promote his game show "Pictionary" and congratulate Hayden. "I didn't realize I was here on such a historic day," O'Connell said, shaking Hayden's hand. "Seriously, 30 years. That's incredible."


Earlier, Tim Hattrick of KNIX joined via video for his regular segment and expressed his sorrow at Hayden's departure, giving him a musical send-off. "I know you know this, but for everybody here, and me especially, in the words of Dolly Parton and Whitney Houston, 'I Will Always Love You.'" He then sang the song with Hayden and Rodriguez.


Fox 10 is actively searching for Hayden's replacement. "Who on earth can fill your shoes?" Hattrick asked.


"They'll find somebody," Hayden assured. "This is a super strong show. Everything's going to be fine."


A spokesperson for Fox 10 confirmed that an internal and external search is underway for Hayden's replacement.


"I'm not retiring," Hayden clarified. "I'm not dying."

No," Rodriguez agreed. "Thank goodness. At least not, like, during the show."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post